This post is also available in: Arabic
The General Organization for Social Insurance (GOSI) is an organization that is responsible for providing social insurance services in Saudi Arabia. GOSI plays an important role in promoting the welfare of Saudi citizens and providing financial security for employees and their families. It provides the employer with a way to cover their employees and make sure they have enough support in case of certain events.
Importance of GOSI
GOSI is essential because it provides a wide range of benefits to employees and employers in the country, including:
- Old-age pensions: GOSI provides pension benefits to eligible employees when they reach retirement age.
- Disability benefits: GOSI provides benefits to employees who become disabled as a result of a work-related injury or illness.
- Survivor benefits: GOSI provides benefits to the surviving dependents of employees who pass away as a result of a work-related injury or illness.
- Medical benefits: GOSI provides medical benefits to eligible employees and their dependents, including coverage for hospitalization, prescription drugs, and other medical expenses.
- Maternity benefits: GOSI provides benefits to women who are pregnant or have recently given birth.
- Unemployment benefits: GOSI provides benefits to employees who become unemployed as a result of a work-related injury or illness.
Manage GOSI on ZenHR
ZenHR is a cloud-based Human Resources Management System (HRMS) that is specifically designed to serve everyone from SMEs to Enterprise customers in the KSA market. In addition to being a bilingual English and Arabic interface, ZenHR is completely localized according to the specific needs of companies in Saudi Arabia, including all labor laws, GOSI, expat regulations, and tax laws.
Since GOSI plays an important role in promoting the welfare of Saudi citizens and providing financial security for employees and their families, ZenHR includes localizations that help organizations in Saudi Arabia comply with General Organization for Social Insurance (GOSI) regulations.
ZenHR’s payroll module and native integrations allow organizations to manage their GOSI-related information and processes, such as GOSI registration and contributions, keep track of employees’ GOSI coverage status, and ensure compliance with all regulations.
ZenHR also helps organizations with the reporting and filing requirements that GOSI needs, it can automate the process of preparing and submitting reports, which can reduce the risk of errors and improve compliance with GOSI regulations.
Additionally, ZenHR allows organizations to stay on top of other employee benefits, such as medical insurance and retirement plans, as well as GOSI benefits.
Automate Your HR Processes Now
Amanee Hasan is a content writer for ZenHR, an award-winning and top-rated HR solution that offers world-class HR software services in the MENA region. She focuses on creating content highlighting the latest HR trends and gives organizations and individuals the tools, knowledge, and research they need to create successful work environments where people thrive.
Categories: ZenHR KSA